Subject: Cyberjack info
From: Ted Stethem <[email-masked]>
To: LightWaveMailingList <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 23:47:22 -0800 (PST)

In case you missed it, this is the text file for a recent upload to 
AmiNet. I thought it might be of interest because it is from someone 
that is using Lightwave for a full-length motion picture and there are some 
interesting details about the film resolution and rendering system.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyberjack - Pictures of the SkyBus from the upcoming movie - 27-Jan-95     
                                                                           
Cyberjack is a new Science Fiction movie which is due for release later this 
year.                                                                 
                                                                           
This archive contains the following pictures 
:                             

Cyber_1.jpg                                                              
  
Cyber_2.jpg                                                              
  
Cyber_3.jpg                                                              
  
Cyber_4.jpg                                                              
                                                                           
The SkyBus was created using Lightwave running on a WarpEngine 
accelerated Amiga 4000-040 and Rendered with a Raptor Plus with 128megs of 
ram.        
                                                                           
All the frames were rendered at film resolution (2048 * 1234), then 
scaled down and jpeged for this release.  Cyber_1.jpg and Cyber_2.jpg were 
scaled to 939 * 556 to keep some of the detail, and Cyber_3.jpg and 
Cyber_4.jpg were scaled to PAL broadcast resolution (720 * 576) so that 
the whole frame can be seen.                                                               
                                                                           
They are all frames from the completed scenes with the exception of        
Cyber_4.jpg which was rendered especially for this release.                
                                                                           
For those interested, the SkyBus pictures contain:                        
                                                                           
  Approx. 43 lights (which varies between shots)                           
  24 texture maps                                                          
  The SkyBus contains 15,000 polygons                                      
                                                                           
Each frame took the Raptor Plus approx. 3-4mins to render.                 

These pictures are Copyright (c) 1995 The Magic Camera Company.                 
                           All rights reserved.                            
                                                                           
However, permission has been granted for distribution as long as this text 
file remains with the archive and the pictures are not tampered with in any
way, *including* conversion.                                               
                                                                           
Jerry 
Cheung.                                                              
              E-Mail : [email-masked]                        
              Fido   : 2:254/500.2                                         
                       2:440/36.2                                          
                       2:250/320.9